let me introduce myself..
My name is Michele Gandola and I live in Pescallo di Bellagio.
“My experience in rowing on Lake Como and throughout Europe has brought me wonderful challenges and helped me grow as man.
On the water, I’ve learned critical life lessons, and come to know amazing men and women and to live unforgettable moment. I have been fortunate to reach a high level as an athlete and a coach.
I consider myself very lucky because during my sporting career I had the occasion of “being aboard the Boat” with legendary Italian rowers like Alberto Belgeri, Igor Pescialli, Enrico Gandola, Daniele Gilardoni, Franco Sancassani, Michelangelo Crispi,Francesco “Ciccio Esposito”, Stefano Fraquelli, Edoardo Verzotti e Stefano Introzzi”
Bruno Carissimo – the journalist at La Provincia di Lecco newspaper, sport editorial, wrote about me:
“He’s an athlete with a good technique and a great spirit. Prefers multiple boats, like quad scull (4x), eight (8+) and double (2x), last one shared for years with friend Daniele Gilardoni.””
Here are some of my best rowing results:
- 1992-International juniores Regatta-ROMANS SUR ISERE FRANCE- bronze medal on 4 skulls (LOMBARDY REGION TEAM)
- 1993- European juniores Champ.-VICHY FRANCE- Gold medal on 4 skulls (ITALIAN NATIONAL TEAM)
- 1995- Italian heavyweight under 23 Champ.-MILANO ITALY-Gold medal on 4 skulls (NAVY MILITARY TEAM)
- 1995-1ST.Italian lightweight trials (just for the members of the national team) silver medal on 4 skulls lightweight(NAVY MILITARY TEAM)
- 1995-2ND.Italian lightweight trials bronze medal on 4 skulls lightweight (NAVY MILITARY TEAM)
- 1995- International Regatta Memorial D’Aloia-PIEDILUCO ITALY-Semi final on 2 skulls lightweight (ITALIAN NATIONAL TEAM)
- 1996- Italian heavyweight under 23 Champ.-PIEDILUCO ITALY-Bronze medal on 2 skulls (U.S. BELLAGIO)
- 1996-International Regatta Memorial D’Aloia-PIEDILUCO ITALY-semi final on 4 skulls heavyweight(ITALIAN NATIONAL TEAM)
- 1997-Italian heavyweight under 23 Champ.-VARESE ITALY-semi final on 1skull (U.S.BELLAGIO)
- 2004-Italian heavyweight senior Champ.-MILANO ITALY- bronze medal on 8 crew(S.C. LARIO-COMO)
- 2005-Italian heavyweight senior Champ.-MILANO ITALY- silver medal on 8 crew(S.C. LARIO-COMO)
- 2005-Italian endurance Champ.(5 regattas around Italy Varese-Torino-Roma-Pisa-Sabaudia) gold medal on 8 crew (S.C. LARIO-COMO)
- 2008-Italian Coastal Rowing Champ.-SANREMO ITALY-bronze medal on 4 skulls (U.S. BELLAGIO)
- 2008-Challenge “Prince Albert” Coastal Rowing -PRINCIPATO DI MONACO- bronze medal on 4 skulls (U.S.BELLAGIO)